Solving math questions isn’t always easy. For basic math equations, you can do mental math but what if you’re dealing with square roots, fractions, polynomials and algebraic equations? Apparently, you need to find a way to answer these questions correctly. At the same time, you must also see to it that you can properly justify your answers.
When it comes to math problems, your calculator is your best friend. Aside from your usual calculator, you can try using a photo calculator app like “AutoMath”. With a photo calculator app, you can easily get the answers for your math problems just by taking a photo. Just skip past the break to learn how.
How to solve math problems by taking a photo in Android
- On your Android device, go to Play Store then download and install the “AutoMath” app. It’s a free app that requires Android 2.3.3 and up.
- After installing the app, open it and then focus your device camera on the math equation that you wish to solve.
- Make sure to adjust the frame (red box) so that it will be as close as possible to the equation. You should also see to it that your device camera’s focus mode has been turned on.
- In addition, you must hold your device steadily while taking a photo. Keep the picture straight. Take a photo at a close distance.
- Once you’re all set, press the “Answer” button at the right side of the app’s camera interface.
- Wait a bit and in just a matter of seconds, the app will give you the answer to your problem.
- It’s that simple.
- If ever the app fails to scan your math problem properly, you may press the “Edit” button to manually enter the correction.
As of now, the AutoMath app still has a long way to go to present more accurate results. With its current version, it’s like a “hit and miss” situation. It is also important to note that this app works best on devices with advanced rear camera options.
You may also click this link to watch the app in action.