The Samsung behold 2 is one of the original smartphones to come out of the Samsung range featuring an operating system version of Android 1.6 back in it’s day. Even back then rooting methods were possible and if you still have this phone as a secondary the good news is you can use it to flash custom ROMS and check out other applications from the Google Play Store.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
1. You will need the up to date USB Drivers on your device.
2. You should also have the ADB installed by following our guide here.
3. Moreover, go and enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Settings > Development > USB Debugging and tick the box so it’s working.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG BEHOLD 2 FOR T-MOBILE SUBSCRIBERS
1. Setup the Android SDK on your computer.
2. Download the following folder here and place it in the Android SDK folder.
3. Connect the phone to the computer with the USB cable.
4. Transfer the file to the internal memory SD card.
5. Unplug from the computer and enable the USB Debugging Mode.
6. Connect the device to the computer again and open the command prompt.
7. Type each of the following commands one at a time and hitting the enter key in between each line.
cd\ cd androidsdk\tools adb push try3.dat /data/local adb shell chmod 0755 /data/local/try3 adb shell /data/local/try3 /system/bin/sh mount -o rw,remount /dev/st9 /system chmod 04755 /system/bin/sh cat /sdcard/su.dat > /system/bin/su1 cat /sdcard/su.dat > /system/bin/su chmod 04755 /system/bin/su su cat /system/bin/playlogo > /system/bin/playlogo_real /system/bin/chmod 0755 /system/bin/playlogo_real echo “#!/system/bin/sh /data/local/try3.dat /system/bin/sh mount -o rw,remount /dev/st9 /system chmod 04755 /system/bin/sh cat /system/bin/su1 > /system/bin/su chmod 04755 /system/bin/su /system/bin/playlogo_real” > /system/bin/playlogo exit exit exit adb install Superuser.apk adb shell reboot
8. The device will reboot by itself. Open the command prompt once more and type the following commands:
9. You should now have root access on your smartphone after you see the hash tag come up on the command prompt.