The Samsung Galaxy Core 2 is now out as of around mid 2014 and comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box. If you are growing tired of playing with the transparent status bar, white navigation bar, immersive mode, the new location menu and other KitKat goodies, it’s time to check out the new world of custom ROMs and root-requiring application from the Google Play Store and third-party sources. To do that, first you must complete two tasks: open up the ports with root access and install a custom recovery. There are two main custom recovery images for people to choose from. One of those is ClockworkMod recovery or what is known as CWM for short. Today, we’ll show you how to install that on the Galaxy Core 2.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
1. The following guide only works for the SM-G355H/M
2. The following only installs a custom recovery image on your smartphone and does not root it. You need to sort after a different guide for that.
3. Download the official CWM zip file from this media fire link.
4. Download the Odin 3.09 application from Samsung here.
5. Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones by clicking on the Sammy link from our page here.
HOW TO INSTALL THE CLOCKWORMOD RECOVERY VERSION 220.127.116.11 ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY CORE 2 G355H/M
1. Install the Samsung USB drivers on your Windows PC.
2. Restart the PC so that the newly installed drivers are working and you don’t run into problems with your phone.
3. Boot the galaxy Core 2 in Download Mode.
4. Connect the smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
5. Run the Odin tool on the computer.
6. Find the AP button and click it. After which, upload the file with filename “tar.md5” from the CWM recovery zip file that you’ve extracted.
7. Look at the re-partition box and make sure it’s empty.
8. To start flashing the file, just click “Start”.
9. Wait until it finishes without touching any buttons.
Radical! Your Galaxy Core 2 is not equipped with the aforementioned version of ClockworkMod recovery. You can easily boot into the same by pressing the Volume Up + Power + Home buttons on the phone.