If the photos that you wish to share online happens to include some contents that you do not wish to reveal to the public, you may choose to censor some parts and even pixelate some faces. Speaking of the latter, you can easily pixelate a face in a picture even if you don’t have any photo editor installed on your computer. You just need to look for a free online alternative.
If you’re using Chrome as your browser, then here’s a simple tool that you can use to pixelate faces in photos.
How to pixelate a face in a picture in Chrome
- Open Chrome and then go to the Web Store.
- Look for the “Facepixelizer” browser app. Download and install it on your web browser.
- After installing Facepixelizer, open it via Chrome’s app launcher.
- On your computer, open and select the photo that you like to edit and censor.
- Drag the photo to the Facepixelizer tool.
- Next, click the “Pixelize” button in the left sidebar.
- Under Selection Effect, click “Auto” or “Manual”. If you choose manual, you will be able to adjust the pixel size of your effect.
- Now, back to the photo, click and hold your mouse then gently drag it to the direction that you want to pixelize.
- As you can notice, the parts that you’ve selected will automatically become pixilated. Since the said tool uses face detection, it will automatically censor the faces in your image.
- In addition, you may also crop the photo to remove the parts that you don’t like. After cropping your photo, don’t forget to click “Apply” to save the changes.
- That’s it. Simply click the “Save image” button to download and save the photo that you’ve edited to your computer. Your photo will be saved in JPEG format.