The official N910U variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone has the Android 4.4.4 KitKat software update available over the air. If you did update to this version and would like to gain root access again so you can install root-requiring applications and other goodies from the Google Play Store like BusyBox, you can do that by following the guide after the jump.
- You should only apply these steps for the SM-N910U variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphone.
- Furthermore, you want to be running Android 4.4.4 KitKat only and no future version of Android software such as Lollipop.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You ought to download and install the Samsung USB drivers for mobile phones from our other page here.
- You can only follow this guide successfully by using a Windows PC since the Odin application is made by Samsung developers for Windows only.
- We advise you backup the current ROM with a third-party application from the Google Play Store or by using the built-in backup functionality.
- Allow permission for the USB Debugging Option from the Developer Options menu available from the Settings app. You can enable the Developer Options menu by tapping on the Build Number from the About Device menu if it is hidden.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 4 SM-N910U RUNNING ANDROID 4.4.4 KITKAT
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package you want from here.
- Download the Odin version you want from here.
- Extract both files to the desktop of the Windows computer.
- Run the Odin application so it’s working, but leave it empty and we’ll come back to it in a minute.
- Reboot the Note 4 N910U in Download Mode
– do that by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power + Home keys at the same time.
- Connect the Note 4 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait for the ID: COM port to change color in Odin (blue or yellow).
- Now click the PDA button and upload the executable file from inside the CF-Auto-Root extracted folder on the desktop.
- Do not touch any of the other boxes and their settings.
- Leave the re-partition box unchecked.
- Click the start button and the flashing will begin.
- Wait until the device reboots automatically. After it does that you can disconnect from the computer.
Now enjoy your new rooted smartphone! Have fun installing the custom ROMS available for your Note handset. You can also download the root checker application from the Google Play Store.