The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 still remains as the latest phablet-sized smartphone in the Sammy range, which now comes with the Android 5.0 Lollipop over the air software update. As long as you have updated to the candy already, you can easily follow the steps below to open up the system internals with root access which enables a custom ROM installation opportunity when you desire to flash the ROM of your choice later.
- You want to have updates your Note to the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop software update that is available for you to install over the air or manually from the Sam Mobile links. Use the Odin application if you are having to flash the file manually.
- You should only follow the steps presented to you below if you are a Sprint subscriber and own the N910P model number device. You can check your model number by turning on the Note, navigating to the Settings, followed by About Device and taking a gander.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure you download and install the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones to your Windows computer. After installing the drivers, you ought to restart the computer for the drivers to take effect. Switching the computer off and on again also works for the Sammy drivers.
- You will not lose any data automatically by following the steps. However, sometimes things go wrong. backup the data using a third-party application from Google Play so you at least have the important pictures and phone contacts if you are forced into a factory reset.
- You must have a Windows PC to follow the guide because the Odin application is not made to work for any other operating system.
HOWTO ROOT THE SPRINT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 4 SM-N910P LTE PHONE RUNNING ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP
- Download the required CF-Auto-Root- file from here.
– save it to the desktop of the computer and extract the file.
- Download the version of Odin you desire from here.
– extract the file to the desktop and run the Odin app so it’s waiting for us in a second.
- Boot the Note in Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons.
– you might need to press the Power button once again when you see the warning triangle.
- Connect the Note 4 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the PDA button inside Odin and search for the tar.md5 file from the CF-Auto extracted folder on the desktop.
- Make sure the re-partition box is empty.
- Do not make any other adjustments to the default Settings.
- Click the Start button and wait for the flashing to finish.
That’s it! You are done. You can head to the Google Play Store and install the Root Checker application and see if it worked.