Oppo is the next smartphone OEM to jump onboard developing a mini version of its main flagship. Other smartphone manufacturers such as Samsung and HTC have done this successfully already. If you own the Find 5 mini handset and wish to break your device away from those annoying factory restrictions in place, you can make that happen by following the guide after the drop. Only then are you free to begin installing some additional apps from Google Play. Here’s how it’s done:
There are two different version of the Oppo Find 5. You want to use this guide on the mini version which is noticeably smaller than the original.
The main software update for this handset is the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. You want your handset to be running the same. Double check that by navigating to the Settings > About Device. The guide should work for other software updates too, but you try that at your own risk as we do not have confirmation.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
Download the Oppo USB Drivers to the computer. Make sure you reboot that computer so the drivers start working.
You are voiding any warranty you have left by following the guide here. I will show you how you can unroot the same device again later which should result in your warranty working again.
You need to have a working Windows PC with a working USB slot in the side. We are connecting to that computer during the steps.
Tap the button to enable Unknown Sources on your handset by navigating to Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown sources.
HOW TO ROOT OPPO FIND 5 MINI RUNNING ANDROID 4.2.2
1. Download the Framaroot APK file from here.
2. Download the above file to the desktop of the computer.
3. Connect the Oppo mini to the computer with the USB cable it comes with out of the box.
4. Copy and Paste the Framaroot APk file over to the internal SD card memory.
5. Now disconnect from the Windows computer.
6. Using an appropriate file manager app, tap on the Framaroot APK to open it.
7. Launch the app that now sits in the app drawer.
8. Choose the ‘install SuperSU’ option from the menu inside.
9. Now tap the Boromir name from the different exploit names list.
10. Wait for the Boromir exploit to finish rooting the handset.
That’s all you need. Now you are done with rooting your device you will want to flash a custom recovery with that. Or, some of you might get scared and wish they never tinkered with the OS and want to unroot the find 5 Mini.