In Android, there are a whole bunch of weather apps and widgets that you can download and install. There’s AccuWeather, Go Weather, Yahoo Weather and so on. The thing is most of these apps do not give you alerts at a specified date or time. So it’s either you check the app manually or take a look at your screen where your weather widget is located.
Now, what if you want to be alerted for the next weather forecast? For example, you can get weather alerts every 6am or 7am so that you’ll know if there’s a chance of rain by 5pm of the same day? If that is the case, then you can try out this new weather app for Android called “Wealert”.
How to get scheduled weather alerts in Android
- First, download and install the “Wealert” app on your Android tablet and smartphone.
- Launch the app after installation.
- Next, you’ll be asked to configure the app according to your personal preferences. Just swipe from the left side of your screen to open the app’s menu and then go to “Set Location”.
- By default, the location is set to Hong Kong. To change it, just enter your location on the search bar and then press “Search”. Tap on the location marker on the map to confirm your location and then press “Save”.
- Once done, go to “Set Date/Time” to set the time and occurrence for your weather alerts.
- Now, you’re all set to set the schedule for your next weather forecast. Go to “Set Schedule” and then choose the time for the app to check your desired forecast. For example, you can set the app to check the weather forecast for “March 28, 2015 at 12am” on March 27, 2015 at 11pm. Do not forget to press “Save” to confirm.
- After which, go to “Set Alerts” and adjust the percentage bar that corresponds to the weather forecast data that you wish to check (ex. rain probability, wind speed, temperature, humidity, etc.). Press “Save” to confirm.
- So that’s it. Just wait for the alerts to arrive on your device and you can immediately get the weather forecast summary for a specific date or hour.
So if you still haven’t tried this app, go ahead and check it out.