Are you looking to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 in Android 5.0.1 Lollipop? Well, by following the guide after the jump you can easily do that and prepare your handset so it can flash a custom ROM and install root-only apps from Google Play. Here’s how to do that:
- The Galaxy S4 comes in a few different variants. You want the model number of yours to read GT-I9500. You can verify yours is the same by heading over to the Settings > About Device menu and taking as look.
- There are a few different software updates for this handset. This guide helps those of you running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones.
- Understand that you are voiding the warranty by following the guide. Most of you won’t have any of that left anyway.
- Backup the data like phone contacts, pictures call logs and other data to the internal SD card storage before starting.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 GT-I9500 IN ANDROID 5.0.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the rooting file you need from here.
- Download the version of Odin you need from here.
- Extract the files to the desktop and run Odin.
- Completely switch off the S4 by holding down the power button for 15 seconds.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S4 in Download Mode.
- Press the Volume Up key when you see the yellow warning triangle.
- Now connect the S4 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA button and upload the CF-Root.tar file from the other extracted file on the desktop.
- You’ll see some options in the Odin app, leave them.
- Click the Start button and wait until it’s done.
Your S4 will reboot when it’s done and you will see a PASS message on the screen. Now you can start installing extra apps from Google Play. You might want to try out BusyBox first.