The Samsung Galaxy E7 is another smartphone that Sammy pumped out of the factory recently that comes equipped with Android 4.4.4 KitKat software. As long as you are reading this and still running the same version of KitKat you can easily root yours by following the guide after the jump.
- Only follow the guide if you have the Samsung Galaxy E7. Do not risk bricking your smartphone by flashing the file below on a different smartphone, including anything else in the Sammy range.
- Navigate to Settings > About Device from the smartphone and check that the software version matches up with Android 4.4.4. if it says anything else you must search for a new guide with the corresponding numbers. The next update soon will read Android 5.0 (Lollipop).
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should eliminate the risks by installing the Samsung USB drivers for mobile phones. If you find something isn’t working that’s usually because your drivers are out of date. Restart the computer after a clean drivers installation to have those drivers working.
- Note that you are voiding any warranty you might still have by flashing the rooting file below. There’s no way around that.
- You must have a Windows PC to follow the guide because the Odin tool doesn’t work for Mac, Linux, or any other operating system.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY E7 ON ANDROID 4.4.4 KITKAT
- Download the file you want:
- Download the Odin package you want from here.
- Download the rooting file with your model number and the Odin package to the desktop of the Windows PC.
- Unzip both files and run the Odin app.
- Turn off the E7 smartphone by holding the Power button down for 15 seconds.
- Turn the Samsung Galaxy E7 back on in Download Mode.
- Connect the E7 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button inside the Odin program and search for the CF-Auto-Root file from the desktop.
- Now click the Start button without adjusting any of the Settings in Odin.
- Wait until it gives the pass message and automatically reboots before you take control of your Google account and unplug from the computer.