If you store your files on multiple cloud drives, it is most likely that you need to open each drive separately just to get the file that you want. Now, think about it. If you’re working on a project that requires you to access different files from different cloud drives, then it will definitely take you a lot of time. So why don’t you do something to make your task easier?
Speaking of which, here’s a simpler way to access your files from multiple cloud drives. All you need to do is type the file that you want on the search bar and you’re free to do whatever you want. You can open your file directly from its cloud drive, copy its sharing link or simply attach it to your email. So without further ado, here’s how it’s done.
How to access files from multiple cloud drives in one search bar (Chrome)
- First, download and install the “treev” extension for Chrome.
- After installing treev, launch it by either pressing “Alt + S” on your keyboard or by clicking its shortcut icon on the omnibar.
- At first launch, you will be asked to connect treev to your Google account. So once you’re connected, simply connect your cloud drives. Do note that treev currently supports Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and Trello.
- So what’s next? Just open any page or web tool that you want. For example, you can open Gmail or Google Docs.
- So whenever you need to access or attach a file from one of your Google Drives, just press “Alt + S” or click the treev icon and you’ll immediately see the floating search bar.
- On the search bar, type the file that you want and it will immediately appear on the results. Select the file and select your desired action. You can open the file, copy its link or add it as attachment.
- So that’s it. Just close the search bar once you’re done.
You can also check it out this video for a live demo.