The Google Nexus 10 has a fresh OTA update available with the build number LMY47V. The aforementioned build number bumps the software up to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. If you are already running that version on your Nexus 10 tablet, you can open the internal hardware away from the manufacturer’s restrictions by following the guide below.
Only follow the guide if you own the Nexus 10. Do not install the files on any other Nexus tablet or smartphone or you might brick it.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Google USB Drivers on the Windows PC. reboot the PC after you download the drivers to get the drivers working. You can bookmark this page in your browser and come back to it easily.
- You are voiding the warranty if you follow the guide below.
- Enable USB Debugging: Settings > Developer Options > Check the USB Debugging box.
HOW TO ROOT NEXUS 10 ON ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP LMY47V
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows if you don’t have it already.
- Download SuperSU 2.46 to the computer.
- Connect the Nexus 10 tablet to the computer and transfer the SuperSU file over to the root of the SD card.
- Download the clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11-manta.img to the computer and copy it over to the same folder where you have fastboot.exe (usually C:\adb)
– now you can use the steps from the command prompt.
- Completely power down the tablet and reboot to Fastboot mode. Do that by holding the Volume Down and Power keys together until the fastboot/bootloader menu appears after a few seconds.
- Open the fastboot folder and right-click on a blank white space while holding down the Shift key. Now select to open the command prompt from the menu.
- Type the command: “fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-manta.img”.
- Wait for the display to change and select recovery from the Fastboot menu.
- From inside recovery, choose to “flash zip from SD card” and browse for the SuperSU file.
- Confirm the upload of SuperSU and then navigate back to the main recovery menu and select to reboot the system now.
Once done, you have root access on the Android 5.1.1 LMY47V Lollipop and ClockworkMod recovery installed so you can start flashing new custom ROMs.