The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge T-Mobile variant can now be equipped with the TWRP custom recovery image. It’s the custom recovery made by Team Win and it’s one of the two most people custom recoveries in the world. Furthermore, many people prefer it over what is the most popular in ClockworkMod recovery because it’s easier to use for some people.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on the Windows PC. Now reboot the PC and come back to this guide or else the drivers won’t work.
- Unlock the Developer Options if need be: Settings > About Device > tap build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode : Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE T-MOBILE
- Download the twrp-18.104.22.168-zeroltetmo.img.tar to the desktop.
- Download Odin from here.
- Extract both the files from above to the desktop. You can do that easily by clicking the arrow on the right side of the file when it’s just above your taskbar. from inside the menu after clicking the arrow, select the “show in folder” option. Now drag that file inside over to the desktop.
- Run the Odin program after extracting.
- Completely switch the S6 Edge off now and reboot in Download Mode: Volume Down + Power + home and keep the keys pressed in, press the Volume Up when you see the warning triangle.
- Connect the S6 Edge to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button inside Odin and browse for the TWRP recovery file on the desktop.
- Click Start and wait until it reboots.
The handset should reboot automatically because that option is on inside Odin. Once done you have the TWRP recovery installed and you are ready to flash a custom ROM or take NANDroid backups. You’ll need to enter the custom recovery mode to do both.