There are a few different methods to hacking the system internals on the QPad by 3Q. The one we prefer to use is the Root Genius method. If you want to root 3Q QPad running Ice Cream Sandwich and install root-only apps from Google Play you can do that easily by following the guide below.
- You should have the software version set to Android 4.0. This tablet likely won’t see an official Android 5.0 Lollipop software update. Therefore, this rooting method should work fine for your device.
- You want to check it has the model number LCO720C. Do that by navigating to Settings > About Device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You can download the latest 3Q USB Drivers directly to the Windows PC. Now reboot the computer for those drivers to work. It must be a Windows PC and not a Mac or Linux computer for the root genius application to work.
- You should turn on the Pad and head to Settings >Developer Options and check the USB Debugging Box. Now you can easily connect to the computer.
- You will void any warranty you have remaining by following this guide.
HOW TO ROOT 3Q QPAD LCO 720C RUNNING ICE CREAM SANDWICH
- Download the Root Genius app from here direct to the computer desktop.
- Extract the file so you can use it and run the Root Genius program.
- Connect the 3Q Pad to the same computer with the USB cable.
- Click the button that says “Root It” in the bottom right side of the Genius program.
- Now sit back and wait until it finishes flashing to your device. Before long the internal hardware will be unlocked from the factory restrictions and you can think about installing a custom recovery image, followed by a custom ROM.