Learn how to root T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge quickly by using Chainfire’s SuperSU zip file during this guide. It makes sense to install the custom recovery before completing the root guide for this, so you can see the link for the custom recovery and how to install that after the drop.
You are to follow this guide for the T-Mobile variant of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and no others. Several different smartphone carrier networks brought this handset out, so you need to make sure you aren’t subscribed to a different network.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
Flash the TWRP recovery to your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge first bu following that guide. You can follow the pre-requisite list on that page because it is much the same as what you need here.
HOW TO ROOT T-MOBILE SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE
- Download the SuperSU rooting file to the desktop of the Windows PC.
- Plug the S6 Edge into the computer and transfer the SuperSU file to the internal storage SD card on the smartphone.
- Boot your S6 Edge into the TWRP recovery mode you just created.
- How to boot into TWRP recovery: Volume Up + Power + Home buttons at the same time and keep them firmly down until the screen changes.
- Select install from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Browse for the SuperSU file.
- Confirm you want to install the SuperSU and wait until it’s done flashing.
- Head back to the main recovery menu and reboot the system.