The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with model number G925F is finding a fresh OTA update rolling out. If you own the same device and choose to accept the XXU1AOCV notification for the new Android 5.0.2 software update, you will lose any root access you had earlier. That means if you had root access before you’ll need to re-root the handset by following this guide.
The guide is only for the G925F variant of the Sammy S6 Edge smartphone. Do not use it on a different model number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You may download the Samsung USB Drivers directly to the Windows PC. If you don’t get the guide working, reboot the PC after installing the drivers and try again.
- You are voiding the warranty and tripping Knox by following this method.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode by unlocking the Developer Options menu, entering it and checking the box for USB Debugging.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE G925F ON ANDROID 5.0.2 LOLLIPOP XXU1AOCV FIRMWARE
- Download the CF-Auto-Root file from here.
- Download Odin from here.
- Download both files directly to the desktop of the Windows PC. You’ll see the files appear above the taskbar. Click the small arrow on the right side of the file and choose to view the files inside. Now drag the Odin executable file over to the desktop. Double click the Odin file and leave it running.
- Extract the CF-Auto-Root package so you can see the executable tar.md5 file inside.
- Completely power off the Galaxy Edge smartphone by holding down the Power key for 10 seconds.
- Now boot the S6 Edge to Download Mode: Volume Down + Power + Home keys together and release when you see the warning symbol. Now press Volume Up and you’ll be in Download Mode.
- Connect the S6 Edge to the Windows PC.
- Click the AP/PDA button inside Odin.
- Upload the tar.md5 file from the desktop to this location.
- Click the Start button and wait for the rooting to complete.