Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 owners have had the pleasure of using Android Lollipop for a while now with Android Beam, Android Runtime, tap and go NFC payments, camera updates, material design flowing through the UI and more. Owners can now check for a notification, which updates the OS to a fresh version of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, namely XXU1BOD8 firmware.
You need to use this guide for the Tab 4 10.1 with model number T535 only.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should download the Samsung USB Drivers from our link. If you have any worries during the steps, reboot the Windows PC after downloading the drivers and try again.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode so you can connect to the PC.
- You are voiding the warranty from Samsung and tripping the Knox security code by using this guide.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 4 10.1 T535 ANDROID 5.0.2 XXU1BOD8
- Download the CF-Auto-Root file here.
- Download the Odin here.
- Download both files to the Windows PC desktop and extract the files. You will see them download directly above the taskbar for you to use (toward the bottom of your computer display). Click the small arrow to the right side of these files and you’ll get a new menu with some options. Choose to view the files inside and it will open. Now drag the executable Odin file and the tar.md5 file from the CF-Auto-Root package to the desktop. These are the only two files you need.
- Double-click and run the Odin app so it’s ready for the PC.
- Completely power off the Tab 4 10.1 by holding the Power key for 10 seconds.
- Reboot the same Tablet to Download Mode: Power + Volume Down + Home keys. Keep pressing them in without lifting your finger and you’ll see a warning screen. Now it’s time to press Volume Up — this is Download Mode.
- Connect the Sammy Tab 4 10.1 to the same Windows computer that you have the files.
- Click the PDA button inside Odin and browse for the tar.md5 file for the rooting package.
- Click the Start button and wait for Odin to finish rooting your tablet.