The Samsung Galaxy A7 Duos LTE SM-A700FD Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software update is now up for grabs with the build number XXU1BOE6. All you need to do is look out for the official over the air notification, accept to download and install yours and it’s complete. Those with root access already should look for the same build number available manually as a file you can download direct to the Windows PC. From there, you can flash it through Odin. Now everybody with the Samsung Galaxy A7 A700FD has the latest Lollipop update running without root access, it’s time to gain those same rooting privileges back again. Here’s how:
- Check that your version of Galaxy A7 is indeed the A700FD, as they can come in different model numbers. You can do that a few different ways, one of which is checking from the About Device menu available from the Settings.
- The guide works for Lollipop versions up until XXU1BOE6 and could very well exceed that build number. However, we do not condone following this guide for future builds as we can in no way tell if it is safe to do so. The better option is to check your guides for the new firmware build.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Enable USB Debugging if you haven’t already. That’s easily done by pointing to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. Sometimes people must unlock the Developer options menu. That too, is just as easy: Settings . About Device > tap where it says build number seven times.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers to the desktop of the Windows-based computer. If the guide isn’t working for you, try rebooting the computer — assuming you’ve installed the drivers already — and try the guide again. After rebooting the drivers will take effect and it should work the second time.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 A700FD ON ANDROID 5.0.2 LOLLIPOP
- Download the Odin flashing tool by Samsung here.
- Download the rooting tool you need here.
- Extract both packages to the desktop of the Windows computer. Do that by right-clicking the files and selecting “extract here”.
- Turn off the A7 smartphone by holding down Power for 10 seconds.
- Open the Odin tool so it’s waiting on the PC.
- Boot the A7 up in Download Mode by holding Volume Down + Power + Home.
- Connect the same A7 to the same Windows computer that has the files you downloaded above.
- Click the PDA button and browse for the rooting file (after extraction) which ends with tar.md5.
- Click the Start button and wait until the Odin tool says pass. Now the A7 handset will reboot and you can double check it’s working by installing the root checker app from Google Play.