Many people are switching over and using the Android OS because it’s easy to unchain internal system. It’s not always as easy as it sounds, though because Google can patch known exploits and vulnerabilities at any time, leaving people with what they thought was a useful guide, with a guide that bricks their device. If you have the HTC One M9 smartphone and have accepted the official OTA notification for Android 5.0 Lollipop, you should be searching for a new guide like we have here today and not following the older guide.
- The HTC One M9 smartphone.
- Unlock the bootloader.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should install the HTC Sync software on the computer; it comes with the drivers.
- You must install a custom recovery image first before starting the rooting guide. You can pick between TWRP recovery and ClockworkMod recovery.
- Backup the data before starting using one of the many apps from Google Play.
HOW TO ROOT THE HTC ONE M9 RUNNING ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP
- Download SuperSU 2.49 to the computer desktop.
- Connect the M9 to the same computer and transfer the SuperSU file to the root of the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug the M9 from the computer and completely power down the handset.
- Boot it up into the custom recovery of your choice you must have pre-installed. It can be either TWRP or CWM, as I previously mentioned.
- Choose the “install” option or the “flash zip from SD card”, depending on your recovery.
- Browse the SD card storage for the SuperSU file you transferred earlier. You can navigate by using the Volume Up and the Volume Down buttons.
- Wait for the SuperSu to finish installing before heading back to the main recovery menu.
- Now select to reboot the system and you’re ready to flash a custom ROM.