While the Team Win Recovery Project’s TWRP is a touch based recovery manager for your smartphone or Android tablet, it’s still CloockworkMod that has won the hearts of many. While many people praise TWRP recovery for having a touch-based UI and being so easy to use, it doesn’t come with the same kind of one-click installation as CWM recovery does. That’s just one of the many reasons ClockworkMod enthusiasts will tell you to go with their recovery image of choice over that of the Team Win Recovery Project’s.
Use the Karbonn Sparkle V smartphone only and not a different handset under the Karbonn name, or any other handset for that matter.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- The warranty is void after following this guide for flashing a custom recovery. Just like gaining root access, flashing a custom recovery is not permitted by your manufacturer; thus sending it away for free repairs is out of the question.
- Don’t start the guide unless you have over half the battery power remaining. Turn the handset on, unlock the passcode if you must and look at the battery icon on the display.
- Download the Karbonn USB Drivers for the Sparkle smartphone series. If the guide isn’t working, it is probably to do with the drivers. That’s why it’s best to reboot the Windows PC after installing the drivers and try the guide again. You can always bookmark us if need be.
- You must unlock the bootloader before starting this guide.
HOW TO INSTALL CWM (CLOCKWORKMOD) ON THE KARBONN SPARKLE V
- Download the recovery file you need here.
- Download the One-click recovery file here.
- Download the files to the desktop. right-click over the files and choose the “extract here” option.
- Shift the recovery.img file over to the same file as the one-click-recovery-installing file.
- Double click over the one-click-recovery-installer.bat file and the program will start running on the desktop.
- You’ll now see the step-by-step instructions for installing the CWM recovery file open on the display.
- Wait for your device to reboot after it’s done. if that doesn’t happen, we suggest installing the up-to-date USB drivers and trying again.