Nowadays, it’s very easy to find the synonym of a particular word. You can use different tools and apps. You can also do a quick search. That’s not all. Most of today’s text or word editing programs already have a built-in dictionary and thesaurus. However, there may be instances wherein you need to find the shortest or longest synonym of a word. One good example is when you’re writing a post or short article with word or character limit. At times like these, you’ll definitely want to choose shorter words.
How to find the synonym of a word by length
- Open your default web browser. It’s up to you whether you want to use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.
- Next, click here to visit the homepage of “Synomin”. It’s a web app that lets you find synonyms by word length.
- Once you’re on the Synomin page, you basically won’t see anything except for the description bar at the top and the search field.
- To start searching for a word synonym, just type the word that you want on the search field and then press “Enter”.
- That’s it. The Synomin web app will automatically search and list down the words that share the same meaning as the word that you’ve entered.
- The word synonyms will be sorted out by word length so the shortest word will appear at the top of the search results. Just scroll down the list to find the exact word that you’re looking for.
It’s really that simple.