Philz Touch recovery is the offspring from ClockworkMod recovery. Phil is the founder of Philz Touch recovery and hence the name. His Touch recovery is made to rival that of the touch-based TWRP recovery that so many people love these days. He created that by using TWRP’s main rival, CWM recovery. If you own the Oppo Find 5 and wish to have it flashed on your device, there’s any easy solution for that. Here’s how we do it:
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should backup the data using a trusted third-party application from Google Play. Helium for Android is always great. Others might prefer using the built-in backup option from the Find 5.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode since you are connected to a Windows PC during the guide. You might need to unlock the Developer Options before you can enter them. Do that by tapping over the build number 7 times until it says the Developer Mode is now unlocked.
- Download the Oppo Find 5 USB Drivers on the Windows computer. You’ll need to bookmark this page, reboot the computer and come back to the guide if you want those same drivers working. They don’t immediately start working after you download them unless the PC reboots.
HOW TO INSTALL PHILZ TOUCH ADVANCED CLOCKWORKMOD ON THE OPPO FIND 5
- Download the Philz Touch recovery here.
- Download the file to the desktop of the Windows PC and extract it by right-clicking over the file, followed by selecting to “extract here”.
- Double-click the ‘1-click-philZ-recovery-installer.bat’ file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions from here to finish the installation.
- Those with a “waiting for device” message on the display should re-install the USB drivers and start again.