Android 5.0 Lollipop comes with heaps of amazing features, including screen pinning, Android Beam, Android RunTime replaces the dalvik system, a new Easter Egg similar to Flappy Bird that was a hit game on iOS and more. One feature it also comes with is extra security and that’s proved to patch several known exploits for rooting the LG G3 handset. A new One-Clock rooting script thankfully fixes that. Here’s what to do:
- The new script works for several model numbers but not all. Check that yours matches with model number D852 before suing this guide.
- Check you are running Android 5.0 Lollipop. It should also work running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the LG USB Drivers from our downloads page. In most cases, the Windows PC requires a complete reboot to have those same drivers working. They won’t automatically begin working.
- Unlock the hidden Developer Options menu. Note that this doesn’t enter your G3 in a special developer mode. It just opens up a few new tools from the Settings menu.
- To unlock the menu, head to the Settings > About Device and tap over where it says the build number roughly 7 times. After tapping about five times it should start counting you down so you know how many times you have left.
- Now you must enter the mode by navigating to the Settings > Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging Mode inside.
HOW TO ROOT THE LG G3 D852 RUNNING ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP
1. Download the One-Click rooting file here.
2. You must have a Windows PC to use the file.
3. The file downloads just above the taskbar. Once the download is complete, click the mouse over the arrow on the right side of the file.
4. Choose to “show in folder” and drag the contents over to the desktop.
5. Now you should have the rooting file you need ready to use on the desktop.
6. Connect your LG G3 to the computer.
7. Double click the executable file on the desktop and the rooting tool should open.
8. Now you’ll be presented with a set of on-screen instructions that guide you through what to do to finish up.
9. Follow them on the screen and you’re done.