When browsing the web in Android, you should always evaluate the credibility of the sites that you visit. Speaking of which, you should avoid visiting sites that are flooded with ads. You should also learn to avoid sites that appear to be a clone of the real ones especially those that will ask you to log in or fill out some forms. After all, your online safety and privacy can be easily compromised.
One good way of ensuring your safety when browsing websites online is to block ads and potential malicious sites. You can easily do this if you have an app like “Adguard” for Android.
How to block annoying ads and malicious sites in Android
What Adguard does is that it acts as an Internet filter. Therefore, it is designed to filter annoying ads, malicious sites and even social media buttons and widgets. It also stops websites from tracking your web browsing activity.
- To use Adguard, you must first download and install it to your Android device. Just click here to go to the Adguard download page and then follow the steps provided. The said app is compatible with devices running on Android 4.0.3 and up.
- Since you will be installing the app outside of the Play Store, make sure to enable the option for installing apps from “Unknown Sources”.
- Once installed, launch Adguard and then go through its new user setup.
- After which, you need to enable Adguard by tapping the large power button on its main screen.
- When you see the “Attention” dialog, read it first and then tap “OK” to proceed.
- When prompted by another dialog, just check “I trust this application” and then tap “OK” to confirm.
- So that’s basically it. When Adguard is enabled, it will automatically block annoying ads and malicious sites for you. It will also make sites load faster so you can definitely save some bandwidth. You can also choose to “Whitelist” certain sites in app settings.