The Samsung Galaxy A5 with model number A500H has a new version of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop rolling out over the air. If you are running the latest software update it probably took away any root access you had before. Fear not, as you can easily unchain the internal system once again by following the guide below.
- Android 5.0.2 firmware with build number XXU1BOF6.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 with model number A500H.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu. Go to the About Device menu and tap over the build number seven times.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. Go to the Settings and tap on the new Developer Options menu available. Enable USB Debugging inside.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY A5 A500H ON ANDROID 5.0.2 LOLLIPOP XXU1BOF6
- Download the rooting file from here.
- Download the Odin tool for flashing.
- Extract both files using your trusty unzipping tool of choice.
- Right click over the files to choose to extract them “here” on the desktop.
- Completely turn off the Galaxy A5 by holding down the Power key for some seconds.
- Reboot the A5 in Download Mode.
- The screen will eventually change and you should see some text, an Android logo or a warning symbol.
- At this screen, you want to press the Volume Up button by itself. Now you will be in the Download Mode.
- Run the Odin tool on the computer.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy A5 to the computer.
- Wait for the ID: COM port to pick up your device. If that doesn’t happen, try installing the Samsung USB drivers again or from a different source. Moreover, you can try connecting the A5 to a different USB port.
- Press the Start button and wait for the flashing to compete.
Once you see the “success” message on the computer from Odin, you are free to unplug the device and take over the Google account once again. You’ll need to flash a custom recovery before you can think about flashing a custom ROM.