The results Hub malware is unpleasant for your Windows computer for two reasons. The first is you will experience the browser hijacker which redirects your home page to search.results-hub.com. The second reason is it also comes with a heavy dose of adware which displays advertisements from a virus program and not direct from the websites you visit. It results in the same ads following you around the internet wherever you go because the adware is installed on your computer.
Here’s how to remove The results Hub malware from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE THE RESULTS HUB MALWARE
- Navigate to the Windows Control panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs/Uninstall Program option, depending on your version of Windows OS.
- Scroll down the list until you see “The Results Hub”.
- Click the mouse on the name and follow the default instructions to remove it by clicking the uninstall option
- Some malicious programs can walk a thin line here. Check you are not installing other malicious programs during the uninstallation process and read what you are accepting and denying carefully.
That takes care of your browser hijacker. Now we need to remove the adware/malware from the computer.
- Download the AdwCleaner from here. Click the large blue button on the side.
- Click the box above the taskbar after it finished downloading and run the program.
- Click the ‘Scan’ option and it will run the scan.
- Click the ‘Clean’ button after the scan completes to remove the infections. It will do a great job of removing any other infections you have at the same time.
- The AdwCleaner program will request a reboot of the PC once it’s finished. Do that and check the log files after you restart the computer to see what AdwCleaner did for you.