Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating systems is generally well-liked by those who have installed it on PCs. One problem that some people are having is getting the iPhone connected to iTunes on Windows 10. Here’s how to fix iTunes on Windows 10 not detecting the iPhone for those of you who are suffering from the same problem.
HOW TO FOX ITUNES ON WINDOWS 10 NOT DETECTING THE IPHONE
Try connecting to a different USB port on the computer. Most computers and even laptops come with multiple USB ports. Often a simple port change will solve this issue.
Reboot the computer. You might know the terms “did you try turning it on and off again” as a comedy line used in tech.-related sketches. However, it’s also very effective for fixing this problem. Additionally, completely power down the iPhone by pressing Power and swiping to switch it off. Leave it for a few seconds and boot it up back. Now try re-connecting it with iTunes and see if that solves the problem.
- Update the Apple drivers for your new Windows 10 operating system. Here’s how:
- Go to Run (Win key + R) and type “devmgmt.msc”.
- Click and Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Directly beneath it should read Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
- If it is not listed there, it means you need to reinstall iTunes.
- Some people might have the name listed, but it comes with an exclamation mark like “!” or a question mark like “?” next to the entry. In these cases, the driver needs updating.
- To update the driver, connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Right-click the mouse over the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver entry and click “Uninstall”.
- Open the Device manager window and right-click the mouse where it says Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Click “Scan for hardware changes”.
- Windows 10 now takes over and re-installs the up-to-date drivers for you.
If the simpler solutions didn’t work for you, it’s time to reinstall iTunes.
The current and latest version of iTunes available today is iTunes version 220.127.116.11.
Download the iTunes 18.104.22.168 and install the links through this post.