While we wait patiently for a OnePlus 2 rooting method to arrive, The OnePlus One is a device that’s still really popular and many and wondering how to root OnePlus One on OxygenOS ROM. If you are running the same, you can hack open the system internals using our guide after the jump.
- The guide is only recommended for the OnePlus One and not the OnePlus 2.
- You may only follow this guide if you are running the OxygenOS software.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must have unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for the stock recovery.
- Download the updated SuperSU zip file here we will be using for rooting.
- Download and install the OnePlus USB Drivers on your computer.
HOW TO ROOT THE ONEPLUS ONE RUNNING OXYGENOS
- Do not unzip the SuperSU zip file. Transfer it over to the root of the SD card as is. Make sure that you keep it out of any sub folder.
- Disconnect the OnePlus from the computer.
- Completely power down the device by holding in the Power key until it switches off.
- Boot it up once again, only this time in recovery mode. To do that, press the Power + Volume Down keys and wait until you get in the recovery mode.
- From inside the TWRP recovery, choose the “install’ option from the main menu.
- Browse the SD card for the SuperSU zip file.
- Confirm you wish to install the same.
- Head back to the main recovery menu and choose to reboot the system.