Those who know Dell make tablets will know the best kept secret under the Dell name in the Venue 8 7840 tablet. If you want to check out what ROMs are available, or just head over to the Google Play Store for installing some remarkable root-only apps, you can do that by following the guide below.
- The guide is made only for the venue 8 7840 from Dell. If you have a handset under the Dell name but with different digits, this guide will brick your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Dell USB Drivers from our downloads page. You may wish to try rebooting the Windows computer to get those working correctly.
HOW TO ROOT THE DELL VENUE 8 7840 RUNNING ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the SuperSU file you need here. Transfer it to the root of the SD card.
- Download the Droidboots.zip here.
- Download the Intel Flash Lite tool from here.
- Run the Intel flash lite tool on the computer.
- Upload the Droidboot firmware after unzipping the file. The file extension should read ‘1-502_droidboot_and_firmware.xml’.
- After the firmware is flashed, reboot the handset.
- Download the IntelAndroidFBRL here. Unzip the file and launch the bat file to start running the tool on the computer.
- Connect the device to the computer if it isn’t already.
- Type “ACCEPT” into the windows that looks similar to the command line.
- Type ‘T4’ to get your device to boot into recovery mode.
- Your device will now boot into a temporary custom recovery. Select “install” from the recovery menu and browse for the SuperSU zip file.
- Go back to the main recovery menu and choose to reboot the system now.