- You must follow this guide on the Style (Pure) variant of the Moto X with model number XT1575 only.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Motorola USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Go to the Apps > Settings App > Developer Options > make sure the box for USB Debugging mode is checked.
- Installing a custom recovery is the only way you can install a custom ROM. With that being said, whenever we customize our devices we are voiding the warranty. The same can be said with this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
HOW TO ROOT THE MOTOROLA MOTO X STYLE PURE XT1575
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Download the TWRP custom recovery.
- Unzip the Minimal ADB and Fastboot on the computer.
- Unzip the TWRP recovery file on the computer.
- Copy the TWRP recovery file to the same folder as the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Double-click the cmd.exe file from the same folder and you should get the command prompt window opening.
- Now you are ready to type some code. Type the first command: “adb devices” without the quotation marks for each command.
- Type the next command: “adb reboot bootloader”. Your device will now be in the adb mode.
- Type the last command; “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”. The command will now install the recovery to your device.
Now that you have finished installing the custom recovery, you are ready to learn how to root the Motorola Moto X Style Pure 2015.