The Pangu 9 jailbreak is now out for those of you running the latest iOS 9.0.2 software update. You can follow the guide for jailbreaking with Pangu 9 on every device that can run the iOS 9.0.2 firmware. You can catch that complete list available from the requirements section below. Those with anything under the iPhone 4S cannot follow this guide, just like they cannot update to any version of iOS 9.
- The following guide works for the iPhone 6s/6s Plus/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4s; the iPad 4/3/2; the iPad mini 4/3/2/1; the iPad Air 2/1 and iPod touch 5/6.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Firstly, you should upgrade to iOS 9.0.2 using iTunes manually. The Pangu jailbreak can cause problems with devices that accepted the automatic over the air update to iOS 9.0.2. You can do that by installing one of the iOS 9.0.2 IPSW files for you device.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes running on your Windows PC.
- Make sure you backup all of the data on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using iTunes or iCloud. You will not lose that data naturally by jailbreaking your device. With that being said, should you wish to restore the software on your device, it will need a backup available to restore the data.
- You must have a computer running Windows to use this tool. The Pangu team have not yet released a version of the Pangu 9 tool for Mac OS X.
HOW TO JAILBREAK IOS 9.0.2 ON IPHONE, IPAD, IPOD TOUCH USING PANGU 9
- Start by Switching on ‘Airplane Mode’ from Settings.
- Disable the ‘Find My iPhone’ feature on the Apple mobile device by heading to the Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and toggling the option to the off position.
- Disable the ‘Passcode’ and ‘TouchID’ if your device permits that kind of technology. Head to the Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and toggle the option off.
- Now download the Pangu 9 jailbreak tool that will jailbreak your iOS 9.0.2 software from this link.
- Extract the Pangu tool and run the program on the computer.
- Connect the Apple mobile device you wish to jailbreak to the computer now where you have the Pangu program open and waiting.
- Click the Start button and the jailbreaking tool will now unchain the internal system of your device.
- Tap the ‘Already backup’ option when it shows on the screen.
- Once Pangu begins, it will give you two unique apps on the desktop of the computer.
- Wait for the Apple device to reboot automatically and proceed to unlock and turn on Airplane Mode when it tells you to do so on the screen.
- The jailbreaking process will continue. After a short while it will ask you to run the Pangu app. Click the Pangu app that’s on your home screen and grant permission to access the photos app.
- Now wait for the ‘jailbreak completed’ message to appear on the display. You will now find the Cydia pp available on the devices springboard. Enter Cydia and start installing some Cydia tweaks or Winter board to make some design changes.