Installing a custom recovery on the Walton Primo HM Mini isn’t as useful as it is some other devices, since you won’t be getting anywhere near and many custom ROMs available for this device as you would on some of the others. However, you can install take complete backups using the NANDroid backup tool that comes as the default backup option that is available from the custom recovery. A NANDreoid backup is far greater than any backing up app or tool you have to use on your device without root access. It is possible to take a complete backup of your Android data without root access, but it requires using adb commands.
- The following guide is only made for the Walton Primo HM Mini smartphone. You can find the same MobileUncle apps is useful for flashing many devices with a custom recovery, but the custom recovery image in this guide is only made for the Walton Primo HM Mini.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- On your smartphone, go to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources and enable that option so you can install third-party apps from outside the Google Play Store.
- You do not need to enable the USB Debugging Mode for this guide. Likewise,m you do not need to worry about installing the USB or ADB Drivers on the computer for your device.
- You are voiding the Walton warranty when you choose to customize your device with a custom recovery. You cannot send it away for any free repairs unless you successfully unroot the device before sending it away. The KingRoot universal one-click rooting tool
HOW TO FLASH A CUSTOM RECOVERY ON WALTON PRIMO HM MINI
- Download the MobileUncle app from the Google Play Store from this link.
- Install the MobileUncle MTK Tools app on your device.
- Download the custom recovery from this XDA Developers page here directly to your computer.
- Rename the recovery file recovery.img.
- Transfer the custom recovery file over to the root of the internal storage SD card.
- Open the MobileUncle application on your device and scroll down the list until you see “recovery update” and tap over the same.
- The MobileUncle app will now flash that custom recovery on your device and you are ready to reboot your device when it’s done.
- Now every time you go to boot into the recovery mode, it will enter the custom recovery mode where you have additional options available like installing zip files for any future ROMS coming out in your direction.
Now that you have a custom recovery installed on the Walton device, you can boot into that new recovery using the same key commands you did for the stock recovery. However, if the hardware key commands do not work, you can try installing an application like the Quick Boot app. The Quick Boot app is great for booting your device into many modes. The custom recovery mode available from the Quick Boot app only works if you have root access first.
You can follow our guide on how to Walton Primo HM Mini smartphone so you can then go on to use the Quick Boot application if you’d like.