As soon as you root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime smartphones running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, you can start installing your applications that need the root file system access to run. Apps like Full!screen, DroidWall — Android Firewall and Greenify to spruce up your apps.
These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530P devices running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- The CF-Root exploit in this guide is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with firmware build number LMY47X.G530PVPU1AOI1. You do not need to be running that firmware to use this file; however, you should be running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530P bootloader unlocked before following this guide.
- You must have a Windows PC before you can root your device with any file from Chainfire’s CF-Root packages. You can use anything from Windows XP through to the latest Windows 10. Additionally, all future versions of Windows will be compatible.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers from the drivers page we have and install them directly on your Windows computer.
- Understand that you are agreeing to void the Samsung warranty by following this guide. You can flash the stock ROM back on the device and get it working again. However, that’s only true if your device does not come with Knox security.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PRIME SM-G530P RUNNING ANDROID 5.1.1
- Download the updated Chainfire CF-Root file from this link.
- Download the latest version of the Odin flashing tool from this link.
- Extract the files to the desktop of your Windows computer.
- Double-click over the Odin flash tool and run that executable file on the desktop.
- Turn off your Grand Prime device and reboot it back up in download mode. You can get in download mode by pressing the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons and then press the Volume Up button when it tells you to do so on the display.
- Connect the Galaxy Grand Prime to the computer using the USB cable.
- Check the ID: COM port light lights up a color to signify that your drivers are working and the device is connected properly.
- Click the PDA/AP button and browse the desktop for the updated CF-Root exploit file for the G530P device.
- Leave the default settings in the Odin app the same way they were after you downloaded a fresh version.
- Click the Start button when you are ready and the rooting exploit will get flashed on your device.
- Wait until the Odin app on your Windows PC gives you the pass message and your device automatically reboots.
- You should now see the SuperSU app from the app drawer and be able to installed your apps that require root access from the Google Play Store and other sources online.
You can install the Full!screen app for your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime for your first rooted app if you are looking for ideas on where to start.