Here on the web, you’ll find several app stores and website that host either applications or APK files for you to install on your Allview devices. When you get to a source for your apps, you’ll likely find there are two main sorts: apps for everybody and apps for those with root access. The root-enabled applications work only if you can grant it access to that root file system on your Allview device that is naturally locked when pumped out of the factory.
- The following guide roots the Allview X2 Xtreme and installs a custom recovery so you can take complete backups and flash new ROMs on the device. Additionally, it’s compatible with the BLU Pure XL device but no others. Do not use this method on any device unless it’s the Allview X2 Xtreme or the BLU Pure XL.
- You must have a Windows operating system running to use this guide. There is another method out there for you guys with Linux running, but it’s not included with these steps. Those of you with a Linux operating system can check here for more information.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure you have the Developer Options unlocked so you can enable the USB Debugging Mode. You can do that by pointing to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Tap the build number 7 times.
- Now enable the USB Debugging Mode by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- The following guide does void the warranty on your Allview X2 Xtreme device. You can flash the stock ROM back on your Allwinner and get that warranty working again. By doing that you are unrooting the device.
HOW TO ROOT ALLVIEW X2 XTREME AND INSTALL A CUSTOM RECOVERY
- Download the SU binary from here.
- Download the TWRP recovery from this XDA Developers thread here.
- Download the ADB and Fastboot drivers from this link here.
- Extract the custom recovery and place it in the same folder as the Fastboot.
- Connect the Allview X2 Xtreme to the computer using the USB cable and copy the SU binary (still zipped) over to the internal storage SD card.
- From within the Fastboot folder, hold Shift and right-click where there is no file and choose to open a new command prompt window.
- Reboot your Allview device in bootloader mode.
- Open the command prompt from within the Fastboot folder where you have the custom recovery and type your next command:
fastboot flash recovery filename.img
- The above command will flash the custom recovery on your device.
- Reboot the Allwinner up in the custom recovery mode by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ option from the TWRP recovery menu and browse the SD card for the SU binary zip file you copied there earlier.
- Swipe and confirm you do want to install that SU binary on the display.
- Once complete, choose the reboot system option from the custom recovery menu.
There; that’s how you root Allview X2 Xtreme devices using the SU binary. You can start installing your apps that require root access, or just boot the TWRP recovery up and take your complete backups. You might be lucky enough to find some ROMs and update the firmware.