Many people want to root BLU Pure XL smartphones, but don’t know how it’s done. There is now an official method that is tested and working for the Pure XL smartphone and it comes with a custom recovery. As you probably know, the TWRP recovery is great thanks to the tapping you do from the display.
These are the guidelines to root BLU Pure XL and install a custom recovery. You must have the custom recovery installed on your BLU handset before you can then root it, thanks to the SuperSU file you are installing. Since you are getting a custom recovery along for the ride with your root access, you can start taking complete backups thanks to the NANDroid backup feature. Additionally, installing any ROMs available for your device will be as easy as uploading the zip file through the new recovery.
- The following guide is made for the BLU Pure XL device. It is only compatible with one other device in the world (the Allview X2 Xtreme), so don’t try your luck on your device or else you will likely brick it.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must have enabled the USB Debugging Mode before you connect the BLU Pure XL device to the computer with the USB cable. You can do that by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Some people will not see the Developer Options from the Settings. For all you people, you can point to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Tap the build number until it says you are now a developer.
- You are voiding the BLU warranty by following this guide. You can flash the right stock ROM back on your Pure XL device and it will get the warranty working again — and also unroot the device.
HOW TO ROOT AND INSTALL A CUSTOM RECOVERY ON BLU PURE XL
- You must install the ADB and Fastboot drivers — get them here.
- Download the TWRP recovery image from here.
- Download the SuperSU from here.
- Install the drivers on your computer and extract the TWRP recovery file. copy that TWRP file to the same folder as your fastboot.
- Connect the BLU Pure XL smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the SuperSU over to the root of the SD card internal storage.
- Open the fastboot folder that has your custom recovery.
- From within that same folder, hold down the Shift key and right-click an empty space where there is no file.
- Choose to open a new command prompt window here from that new menu.
- Reboot your device in bootloader mode with the first command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Type your next command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery filename.img
- Boot the BLU Pure XL in the recovery mode, you just flashed by holding the Volume Down and Power after completely powering it down first.
- Choose the ‘Install’ option from the recovery mode menu.
- Browse the SD card for the SuperSU file and choose to install the same by swiping on the bottom of the display where it says.
- Close the command prompt and reboot your device.
You have successfully learnt how to root BLU Pure XL smartphones using a custom recovery and SuperSU. You can anytime boot your device up in that same recovery and start taking your complete backups for the first time without using adb commands.