- You must root the LG Optimus L7 before you can install a custom recovery on the device.
- The following guide is only working for the LG Optimus L7 smartphone. Do not follow this guide on a different device or else you will probably brick that handset.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You will need to unlock the Developer Options menu if it is hidden and then enable the USB Debugging Mode from within that same Developer Options menu.
HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON LG OPTIMUS L7
- Download the CWM exploit you need from its home over at XDA from here.
– you should see the link in the first post by the original poster.
- Extract the CWM file on the desktop of the computer by right-clicking over the file and choosing the “extract here” from the menu.
- Connect the L7 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click over the Flash_Bootloader.bat file you can see from the extracted archive on the desktop.
- Wait until that program unlocks your L7’s bootloader before continuing.
- Once your L7 reboots after having the bootloader unlocked, click the Flash_Recovery.bat found also on the desktop.
- You will see a set of on-screen commands on the computer for you to follow; finish them and your custom recovery will be installed on the LG L7 smartphone.
- Reboot the smartphone when it shows you the program is done installing the new recovery.
- Once you have rebooted the device, you can enter the new custom recovery mode any time you like.
Since we said you must be rooted before starting this guide, you can open the Google Play Store app on your device and install the Quick Boot application. The Quick Boot app will enter the recovery mode for you when you enter the app and choose the recovery option from the menu. Alternatively, you may use the same hardware keys you would normally use for the stock recovery mode to get your smartphone booting up in the custom recovery mode.