- You must root the LG Optimus Elite before you can follow this guide t o flash the custom recovery.
- The steps in this guide are made for the LG Optimus Elite smartphone only. Do not follow this guide if you have a different device or you risk soft-bricking the device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You need to install a couple of application from the Google Play Store during this guide and then use them. Make sure you have enough memory on the Elite smartphone to store the apps first, and then check you have enough battery so the device doesn’t turn off during the guide.
HOW TO INSTALL CLOCKWORMOD RECOVERY ON LG OPTIMUS ELITE
- Download the CWM recovery from this link.
– scroll roughly half way down the page to see the CWM recovery link available.
- Download the terminal Emulator from this Google Play link here.
- Download the EFS File Explorer from this link.
- Download the ClockworkMod recovery directly to the desktop of the computer but do not unzip the file.
- Download the other two apps directly to your device.
- Connect the Optimus Elite to the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the CWM file over to the root of the SD card’s internal storage.
- Unplug your device from the computer and open up the Terminal Emulator app.
- Type the first command to get root access: su
- Type the next command for the recovery: dd if=/sdcard/part_13_cwm_9_22_17_32.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14
- Exit the terminal Emulator.
- Open the EFS File Explorer app from the app drawer.
Navigate to the /system/etc/ directory.
- Rename the install-recovery.sh file to as follows: install-recovery.sh.bak.
- Exit the EFS File Explorer application and you’re finished.