These are the guidelines to install Team Win’s TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime running on Android 5.0 Lollipop. The TWRP Recovery version that works well for your Grand Prime running Android 5.0 and 5.0.2 Lollipop is TWRP 184.108.40.206.
- The TWRP Recovery version we are giving you in this guide works well for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime running Android 5.0 and Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. The Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is the latest Lollipop version running on the Grand Prime at the time of writing this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers to the computer so they are running before you start the guide. Those of you who start using the Odin flash tool but get not connection between it and the device will need to install the drivers again or reboot the computer.
- You must have the USB Debugging Mode enabled on your Grand Prime smartphone before you can connect it to the computer. Do that by tapping on the Grand Prime’s Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY 220.127.116.11 ON SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PRIME SMARTPHONES RUNNING ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP
- Download your TWRP file for the Grand Prime from this link directly to the computer.
- Download the Odin 3.09 version from this link directly to the computer.
- Move both the custom recovery and the Odin for the Grand Prime over to the desktop of the computer. You can just click and drag the recovery file from the default download location over to the desktop.
- Right-click over the recovery file and choose the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Repeat the above steps for the Odin flash tool so it too is extracted on the desktop.
- Double-click the executable Odin flash tool file and the flash tool will open up on your desktop.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime up in download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to the computer with the USB cable you use to charge the battery.
- Your Odin user-interface should detect your device if the USB Drivers are working and give you the “added” message.
- Click the PDA or PDA button from the Odin app on the computer and browse the desktop for the TWRP tar file you see after you extract that file on the desktop.
- Leave Odin’s default settings.
- Click the Start button and wait for the Odin user-interface to give you a pass message.
- The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime device should now reboot automatically thanks to the default settings. reboot the device yourself if that does not ever happen.
It’s time to find out how to root the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime smartphone so you can start installing the apps from the Google Play Store you want like the Greenify app.