- The following guides is made for the Motorola Moto E smartphone with the XT1528 model number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure you have at least 40% battery charge on the Moto E handset before you begin the steps so it doesn’t turn off during the guide.
- The KingRoot universal one click rooting application is available to use directly from your devices, so there is no need prepare the drivers. Those of you choosing to go with the SD card method will not need the drivers either.
- You should backup your device data before you start the guide. KingRoot is a one click rooting tool that will almost always fail without ever bricking your device due to the nature of how the tool works. However, still take a backup anytime you are choosing to customize your device.
HOW TO ROOT MOTOROLA MOTO E XT1528 RUNNING ANDROID 5.1
- Download the KingRoot APK from this link.
– you can install the APK either directly from your web browser app on the Moto E or by putting it on your SD card. You’ll want a File Manager if you are going with the SD card method so you can get it appearing in your app drawer.
- Enable the Unknown Sources on your Motorola Moto E smartphone by tapping the Menu > Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown Sources.
- Once installed, tap on the KingRoot application icon that is now on your device where you normally find your new apps appearing.
- Tap on the button on the main page of the application that says there is a root status error to fix.
- The rooting will begin and the progress bar will show on the display; wait until the progress bar reaches 100% and you get the “success!” message on the display.
- Close the KingRoot application and reboot your Motorola Moto E.
That’s how you root the Motorola Moto E for Verizon Wireless subscribers running on Android 5.1 Lollipop. You should find the root sticks when rebooting and your root-requiring apps now working.