Rooting the Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G Q413 to customize your device but want to make those customization with as little fuss as possible? The Xposed Framework application is your best ticket for that. Many people are choosing not to bother with installing new ROMs on a device and just installing Xposed Framework instead.
With Xposed, you have modules working inside your operating system to do things like tweak the user-interface, tweak the performance, change the theming, change the button mapping and give many visual modifications to your device over the stock ROM that it comes with out of the box.
- You must have a Windows computer or laptop running Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8,1 or Windows 10 to use this guide. Those of you reading this in the future should also get it working on newer Windows operating systems. It’s likely the issue stands with anything outdated and earlier than Windows 7.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the Micromax Canvas Xpress device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode. Anyone who sees the Developer Options menu is locked can unlock the same by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number 7 times.
- Rooting the MicroMax Canvas Xpress smartphone does void the OEMs warranty. You can unroot later by flashing the stock ROM and the warranty for the Xpress device will start working again.
- Note that you should not be taking any official over the air software updates while using your rooted Micromax smartphone. You should unroot by flashing the stock ROM manually using the firmware file and the SP Flash Tool. Once you have done it once, you can start accepting the OTA notifications again. The same rule applies should you choose to root the device again in the future: do not accept OTA until you have flashed firmware manually and unrooted the device.
HOW TO ROOT MICROMAX CANVAS XPRESS 4G Q413 RUNNING THE ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP UPDATE
- Download the Flash tool, custom recovery, “all files” and updated SuperSU zip file all from the one link here.
- Install your drivers on the computer before you do anything else.
- Connect the Micromax Canvas to the computer with the USB cable.
- Flash your custom recovery (CWM) using the SP Flash Tool.
- Copy the SuperSU updated zip file over to the internal storage SD card and then unplug your device from the computer.
- Boot the Micromax Canvas Xpress to the recovery mode using the hardware key combination and the ClockworkMod Recovery will boot up on your display.
- Choose the option to install zip files from the SD card and then browse your Xpress’s SD card for the updated SuperSU zip file.
In conclusion, that’s how to root Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G smartphones using the ClockworkMod custom recovery and the updated SuperSU file. Since you have both a new recovery and root access, your options are endless. You can start flashing new ROMs should you wish to try out a custom ROM on your device. Furthermore, you can flash custom kernels, or just enjoy the rooted applications like the Xposed Framework instead.