Anyone looking to take the LG Leon LTE smartphone to the next level by equipping it with a custom recovery should look no further than the official TWRP Recovery to install on this device. The LG Leon is a fairly new and trendy device that will look great when paired with the currently cool and in style TWRP Recovery.
While Team Win might sound like an intimidating group of guys, it’s actually an open-source software custom recovery that has been going since roughly mid 2011. It’s really come on strong within the last year or so, helped by what appears to be the end of the line for the CWM Recovery version of custom recovery. Part of the reason why the founder of ClockworkMod Recovery, Koushik Dutta, might have decided to call it a day could be because TWRP comes with a touchscreen-enabled user interface which offers a bunch of buttons built into the software. That’s in stark contrast to the likes of ClockworkMod Recovery which made use of the physical volume buttons a smartphone or tablet had on the side of the display. While having two things that are polar opposites of each other doesn’t have to mean there is a loser, it’s clear in this case that ClockworkMod was falling behind.
After using the guide below you are then able to boot the LG Leon smartphone into the recovery mode and the newly flashed TWRP will be your gateway to performing actions such as flashing custom ROMs, flashing new kernels and installing Google Gapps packages. It’s also just as handy as your stock recovery for effectively recovering a smartphone from most common annoyances.
- The custom recovery image found in this guide is intended for the LG Leon LTE smartphone and no other version of the Leon device. It does come in other versions that are not LTE so be careful what device you are choosing to flash. Flashing the custom recovery file on anything but the LTE variant will most likely brick the device.
- You must have an unlocked bootloader on the LG Leon before you can install a custom recovery image.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on the Leon if it is not done already by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Build Number no less than 7 times and it will soon say that you are using the device as a developer. Keep tapping until you see the message. There is no maximum amount of taps.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Leon’s Developer Options menu now by tapping on the Settings > Developer Options > USb Debugging Mode.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON LG LEON LTE
- Download the TWRP Manager application from the Google Play Store.
- Open the TWRP Manager application form your app drawer.
- Tap on the ‘Instal TWRP’ button.
- Scroll down the list until you can see your version of the LTE Leon and highlight the device.
- Follow the rest of the instructions from the display until you have installed the custom recovery on your device.
In conclusion, that’s all you need to do to install TWRP Recovery on LG Leon LTE smartphones. Your custom recovery can be booted using the same hardware buttons as you would use for the stock recovery before you decide to wipe that version of recovery. Anyone with a rooted LG Leon can install the Quick Boot application and boot the newly installed recovery that way instead.