Have you ever tried to customize and use the status bar in Excel? Are you someone who uses Microsoft Excel frequently? The status bar displayed at the bottom of the Excel window offers a lot of interesting features. It is easy to customize and use the status bar when you know the tricks. It can provide you with some useful information.
What is Microsoft Excel?
Microsoft Excel is also commonly known as MS Excel. It is a spreadsheet program that can be used for calculations. It can also be used for Macro Programming. It is software that is developed by Microsoft and comes with the standard Microsoft Office Suite. The status bar that is displayed at the bottom of the Excel window provides a lot of information to the user. The user can customize and use the status bar. With the ability to customize and use the status bar, an Excel user can use the program more efficiently and safe time and mouse movements.
How to Customize and Use the Status Bar in Excel
You can customize and use the status bar in Excel to display certain information. By right clicking on the status bar, you can select any item to display in the status bar. By default, many options are available for a person to select. When an item is selected, it will display a check mark and that item will be displayed in the Status Bar. By default, a few options are already checked.
- Cell Mode: By default, the Cell Mode option is enabled. The Cell mode displays information about the cell editing status. The “Ready” status is the general state, where as the “Enter” status is displayed when you select a cell and start typing. The “Point” status is displayed when you enter a formula in a cell and then click other cells to include them.
- Caps Lock: By default, the Caps lock is enabled along with the “Num Lock” and the “Scroll Lock.” These options show whether the keyboard features are enabled or not.
- Insert Mode: Insert Mode is displayed when you enter some text by typing.
- Over Type Mode: Over Type Mode is displayed when you enter text by replacing the existing text. The Insert Mode permits you to toggle between the Insert Mode and the Over Type Mode.
- Selection Mode: The Selection Mode is enabled by default. It shows which mode is used when you try to extend or add cells to an already selected selection of cells. When you press F8, Extend selection is displayed on the status bar. By pressing Shift +F8, you can add a range of cells and at that time, “Add to Selection” will be displayed on the status bar.
- View Shortcuts: It is an option that is displayed by default. In the status bar, you can add the buttons to display “Normal” view, “Page Break Preview” and “Page Layout” view. You can use these buttons to change the view of the current worksheet.
- Page Number: Page number is another option that is displayed on the status bar by default. It shows information such as the current page number and the total number of pages.
You can customize and use the status bar in Excel depending upon your requirements. There are many other options that are enabled by default, and a person can customize and use the status bar according to his requirements.