When installing a custom recovery, it’s important to make sure you get the best recovery possible and also the right version of recovery that suits your needs. Those of you wanting to install a custom ROM and update the LG G Pad 10.1 device to newer firmware will need the latest version of recovery possible. Otherwise, you run the risk of that firmware you wanted running not being compatible. That’s why when you visit websites like the official TWRP website you can see many versions under the one device.
These are the instructions to install TWRP Recovery on LG G Pad 10.1 tablets, so you can install a custom ROM, take complete backups without the use of ADB commands and root the device:
- The steps in this guide are intended for use with the LG G Pad 10.1. The same app we are using is suitable for many great devices but not all devices. Always check out what sites are saying is the best way to install TWRP on your device if you cannot use this app.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- We advise everyone with the LG G Pad 10.1 tablet backs up the data before starting with the custom recovery installation guide. Should something go wrong and your device gets bricked, you will rely on restoring your backup to get the device the way it was before you started. Luckily for you, the TWRP Manager app comes with both the options to backup and restore so you can do it all efficiently. The TWRP Manager app is ideal for backing up the boot image, cache, data, recovery, system, and Android secure. It can even enable the compression and generate the MD5 for your device.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON LG G PAD 10.1
- Turn on your LG G Pad 10.1 device and navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Download the TWRP Manager application after searching for the same in the search field.
- Head out of the Play Store and tap to open the TWRP Manager application from your app drawers once it finishes downloading.
- Tap on the “Device Name” menu and browse the list for your G Pad 10 version.
- Choose the recovery version to install from the menu and choose the latest available if you want to install some of the most recent versions of Android with a custom ROM or else it might not be compatible.
- Tap on the “Install Recovery” from the menu and wait for the custom recovery to finish installing on your LG G Pad 10.1 tablet.
In conclusion, that’s how to install TWRP Recovery and have a custom recovery running on the LG G Pad 10.1 tablet. You can get the custom recovery booted by pressing the hardware button combination you usually use for the stock recovery mode after a fresh reboot on the tablet. In addition to the hardware keys, you can head back to the Google Play Store and download the Quick Boot app if you have a rooted LG G Pad — the Quick Boot app requires root to run and will not work without it.