When Android developers set about making a custom recovery partition to go with the Android operating system, it did so with the intention of giving users a way in which they could always recover their device. Similar to Windows operating systems and Safe Mode, the recovery partition is always going to be available for people to use so no virus or problem will get in the way of an easy recovery.
Third-party developers love creating new ROMs for the Android operating systems. Android being an open source operating system allows people to edit and create new code to contribute to building new ROMs. We call these custom ROMs, and some of them like CyanogenMod recovery are getting popular to have to run on smartphones or tablets. The only problem with creating a new ROM is that there is no way to install that ROM on a device. It wasn’t long before those same developers decided they would make use of the recovery partition and build a new custom recovery that offers features like the ability to upload zip files. This would be the access point for the new ROMs.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB PRO 8.4 LTE
- Open the Google Play Store application directly from your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 device.
- Browse for the TWRP Manager application and agree to install the same on your device.
- Wait until it finishes downloading and then open the TWRP Manager application from the app drawer.
- Tap where it says the ‘Device Name’ and scroll down the drop down menu until you find the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE version.
- Tap on the recovery version to install and choose one of the later version if you are planning on installing one of the latest custom ROMs.
- Tap on the option to install the recovery on your device.
- Wait a few minutes for the recovery to finish installing on your device.
In conclusion, that’s how to install TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE variant using the trusted TWRP Manager application. You can keep the TWRP Manager app on your device for later, or even use the same application to backup and restore your device. Furthermore, the TWRP Manager application gives you several other options available from the menu to further enhance your TWRP experiences, such as some additional settings, a support tab to get in contact with the official application developers, an option to reboot and more.
Moreover, anyone wanting to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE device can do so now by downloading the SuperSU application from the official site by Chainfire. Connect your Tab to the computer and get that same SuperSU on your internal storage SD card. Boot the device to the TWRP you just installed using your manager application and then install your SuperSU from the recovery menu. Having the option to upload zip files like the SuperSU is one of the main reason a custom recovery was born. Most people use the recovery to install a custom ROM; it’s also ultra handy for rooting a device.