Many people wish to watch YouTube videos offline due to poor Internet connectivity or the unavailability of Internet on certain occasions. YouTube’s offline feature helps YouTube users to watch their favorite YouTube videos offline on their iOS and Android Smartphone even in the absence of a network connection. Let us have a look at what YouTube offline video feature is all about and see how to use it.
Popularity of YouTube
Think digital video and the first thing that comes to mind is YouTube. YouTube is a website that is used to watch and share videos and movies. A user can create his own videos and put it in YouTube for others to watch. It is the most popular online video sharing site and the numbers of visits to YouTube trump the visits to any other known video platform. YouTube is now managed by Google. To watch videos in YouTube, you should have a fast and uninterrupted Internet connection. One of the main issues users all over the world face is the non availability of a good Internet connection to watch the YouTube videos offline.
Linking Smartphone and YouTube
To watch your favorite videos online is expensive because it uses a large amount of your Internet data. To overcome these problems, Smartphone has introduced a new feature that allows you to download and watch YouTube videos offline. A YouTube app can be opened on your Android Smartphone, iOS or on your tablet.
Steps to Watch YouTube videos Offline
- The first step is to update your YouTube app for viewing YouTube videos offline in your Smartphone. By going to the App Store, you can update the YouTube App.
- Once the YouTube app is updated, it will inform you that offline viewing has been updated.
- Check the videos that are available for offline view. A new option called “Download” is added to those videos.
- Click on the “Download” button. When you click on the Download button, it will ask you to select the video resolution. A low-quality resolution video will download quickly and a high-quality resolution video will take time for downloading. By default, 360P to 720P resolutions are available, for downloading.
- Now, you can start the downloading process. Once the video is downloaded, you can play it whenever you want to.
Points to be Noted Before Downloading YouTube Videos
- A person downloading YouTube videos has to keep in mind that not all videos are available for offline viewing. Some of the videos in YouTube are still protected from offline viewing.
- When downloading, it will consume a large amount of data. Therefore, it is best to download your YouTube videos together, after selecting all the videos you need to download.
- Make sure your Android Smartphone has enough storage capacity to hold the videos.
Google has already announced a couple of additional features to make watching YouTube videos offline an exciting experience. It is expected to launch soon. The additional features are a) the ability to configure the time to download the YouTube videos and b) the ability to schedule the downloading at night during your sleeping hours.
So if you feel like watching YouTube videos at your convenience, and as many times as you wish in the absence of an Internet connection, then you can download and watch YouTube videos offline on your Smartphone.