To get root access on the new LeTV 1S smartphone first, we must install a custom recovery on the smartphone. While one click rooting applications are always ideal for anyone looking for the quickest way to root a phone, there aren’t always available. For anyone who does not have a one click method made available, often the next best thing is to get a custom recovery and install your rooting exploit through the custom recovery. The only downside with that way is that it leaves you with a custom recovery over the stock recovery, and not everyone thinks that is a good thing. The people who do not want a custom recovery usually install a one-click method or wait for another way to root the device, but for anyone who does not mind, you can follow this guide which gives you both. Having both a custom recovery and root access on a device is the most popular way to root, often with people choosing to pass on anything that is a one click rooting solution for the principles behind it.
Here is everything you need to install a custom recovery and the root the LeTv 1S smartphone so you can check out all of the aftermarket firmware that is available as well as the root application from the Google Play Store like the Titanium Backup app.
- You can only use this guide with the LeX507 of the LeTv 1S smartphone and no others or else you will risk bricking the device. Custom recovery images are usually accurate to the model number of your phone, so there’s no reason for that to change today.
- You will need to follow our guide for learning how to unlock the LeTv 1s bootloader before you can get started with this tutorial. Make sure you have installed all the required programs and apps on your computer that were required for unlocking the bootloader. You will still need the Fastboot and ADB drivers running on your computer.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu if you must by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Build Number at least seven times and it should say in some text on the screen that you are using the device as a developer now when you have tapped enough times.
- Make sure you enable the Developer Options on your LeTv 1S smartphone by tapping on the Settings icon > Developer Options > USB Debugging and then leaving the Developer Options so it will remember your settings.
HOW TO INSTALL A CUSTOM RECOVERY ON THE LETV 1S SMARTPHONE
- Download the SP Flash Tool and extract the file to the desktop of your computer.
- Download the TWRP Recovery for the LeTv 1S smartphone to the desktop of the computer.
- From the flashing tool’s user interface, click on the “Scatter-loading” option and choose the scatter file that you will find inside the SP Flash Tool folder.
- Click the Flash_tool.exe file that is on the desktop and gets the flashing tool to open on the desktop.
- Set your Download Agent as the DA_PL.bin recovery and user data.
- Click on the Download button from the flashing tool’s user interface.
- Press the Power button and then switch off the smartphone.
- Take the battery out for a few seconds and then put it back on the phone once again and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait for the SP Flash Tool to start automatically flashing the custom recovery to your smartphone.
- Reboot the LeTv smartphone the same way you usually would once the flashing is complete.
In conclusion, that is how to install a custom recovery on LeTv 1S smartphones. Now you can find out all there is to know for rooting the LeTv 1S smartphone so you can get stuck into installing those root only apps you have been waiting to try.