About the most challenging decision with rooting the Android operating system is having to put in the effort to get the job done. The risks are relatively low these days with such reliable rooting tools out there to try — from KingRoot to Kongoroot; there is always something out there that roots a device in most cases. Moreover, for those rare times when a one-click rooting method does not work, you will almost always have a reliable custom recovery to help install SuperSU available instead.
- The following guide is made for the rooted LeTv 1S smartphone and doesn’t need to be followed if your smartphone is not rooted.
- You must have installed the custom recovery on the LeTv 1S smartphone for this guide to be able to work. Likewise, your custom recovery cannot get installed unless you have unlocked the bootloader on the smartphone first either.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Check that your smartphone still has the USB Debugging Mode enabled so it can connect to the computer with the USB cable and still transfer the data to the SD card without any worries.
- Those of you who do not see any Developer Options menu will need to unlock it again the same way you had done before you unlocked the bootloader by tapping on the Settings icon > About Device > Build Number. Now just keep tapping over the build number it shows you on the screen until the text in the display says that you are now using the device as a developer.
HOW TO UNROOT LETV 1S SMARTPHONES AND RUN THE STOCK ROM
- Download the LeTv 1S stock firmware and have the stock firmware file waiting on the desktop (still zipped).
- Connect the LeTv 1S smartphone to the computer with the USB cable that you would usually use to charge the battery on the device.
- Copy the stock firmware zip file to the topmost folder of your internal storage SD card and then unplug your smartphone from the computer when you are finished.
- Hold the Power button down and switch off the LeTv smartphone completely.
- Reboot the LeTv handset by pressing the hardware button combination for the recovery mode (Volume Up and Power at the same time).
- Tap on the Install button that is available from the main TWRP menu and then search the SD card for the stock firmware file that you transferred there earlier.
- Confirm you wish to install the stock ROM by swiping at the bottom of the TWRP display where it says you need to swipe to confirm the installation.
- Choose the option to reboot the system once your stock firmware is flashed and your LeTv smartphone will reboot back into the normal mode.
In conclusion, that is how to unroot LeTv 1S smartphones by flashing the stock ROM by uploading it with our custom recoveries. You will find your smartphone no longer has root access and can no longer install any of the apps that needed root permissions to run. You may continue to go back between a rooted and unrooted LeTv smartphone as many times as you wish.