Rooting the Android operating systems on the LG V10 smartphones means you give yourself root permissions over your smartphone. By granting the rooting privileges to yourself you open doors to install more apps and even swap your stock ROM for a custom version. The act of installing custom ROMs is not anywhere near as straightforward as installing root apps because it also requires a custom recovery. To confuse matters even more, you can sometimes install a custom ROM without root access, and that ROM will give your device root access. It is in those instances that you do not need root access to installing the ROM due to the ROM itself being the thing that is giving your device the root access instead.
- The following guide is made for the T-Mobile version of the LG V10 smartphone and not any of the other model numbers. You can check the model number matches before you begin by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on the LG V10- smartphone so you can use the list of options inside by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times. Now that you have unlocked the Developer Options menu, you can get access to the same by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Note that by rooting and installing a custom recovery on the LG V10 smartphone you are voiding the warranty and will need to recover all customizations before the warranty begins to work once again.
HOW TO ROOT LG V10 T-MOBILE H901 RUNNING ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW
- Download the KDZ ROM and save it to your desktop.
- Download the TOT TWRP file and save it to your desktop.
- Download the LGUP tool and save it to the desktop.
- Install the LG USB Drivers on the computer.
- Extract the RAR file to the TOT file inside.
- Unzip the LG UP zip package on the desktop.
- Run the
- Run the
- Copy the “common” folder over to the “
C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model“.
- Connect the V10 smartphone to the computer in download mode with the USB cable.
- Click on the Start Menu and run the LGUP tool.
- Choose your phone from the menu.
- Click the bin file from the LGUP user interface and then select the
kdz v20e H901, followed by “Refurbish.”
- On the smartphone, navigate to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging and turn it on.
- Stay within the Developer Options menu and enable the OEM Unlock option.
- Boot the LG V10 smartphone into download mode and connect it to the computer once again.
- From the LGUP user interface choose the “Upgrade” option.
- Upload the
TOT LGH901AT-00-V20e-TMO-US-MAR-16-2016-ARB01+0.totfile and then press the Start button.
- Download the SuperSU to the computer and do not extract the file.
- Turn off the V10 smartphone and reboot it this time to the recovery mode and TWRP will boot up on the display.
- Choose the “Install” option from the TWRP menu and follow the on-screen instructions to upload and flash the SuperSU package.
- Choose the option to reboot the system from the main recovery menu.
In conclusion, that is how to root LG V1- T-Mobile smartphones when you have updated the to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates.