Are you aware how important it is to clear your browser history on a regular basis? Do you use your Internet browser for browsing various websites often? Your browser holds on to lots of data and in the long run, this will have some impact on the performance related to the loading of websites. Therefore, it is very important to clear your browser history on a regular basis.
Why is it Important to Clear the Browser History?
Your browser stores all the information about the websites you have visited. The information includes usernames and passwords also. Even though it makes your job easy when the browser automatically retrieves the usernames and passwords you have used previously, the main issue with this feature is that it is not secure. That is, if any other person uses your system, then he will easily be able to access your personal information. Therefore, for security reasons, it is always better to clear your browser history on a regular basis. Another common reason for clearing your browser history is, when you browse the Internet, lots of data and information related to browsing is stored in the History folder and in the cache memory. Over time, website loading time increases. So, clearing cache and cookies from your browser is the only option to fix this loading issue.
Steps to Clear Your Browser History
Each browser behaves differently and therefore the steps to clear the browser history differ from browser to browser.
Steps to clear your browser history in Internet Explorer
If you are using Internet Explorer, here are the steps to clear the browsing history are given below.
- Open Internet Explorer and then go to the gear icon.
- From there, go to the Internet Options.
- Now, click on the “General” tab and click on the “Delete” button in the Browsing History section.
- This deletes all the history from Internet Explorer. If you select the option to “clear the passwords and saved data,” it will clear all the passwords and auto filled data too.
Steps to clear your browser history in Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser and go to the Menu button. The Menu button is the one with the three horizontal lines on the extreme top right.
- From the menu button, select the History icon.
- Now, select the option “Clear Recent History.”
- From the “Time range to clear” drop down, select the option “Everything” to clear all the history till date.
Steps to clear your browser history in Google Chrome
- Open the Google Chrome browser and from there go to the Menu button. The Menu button is the one with three horizontal lines.
- From the menu button, select the History option.
- Now, click on the button “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Select the information you need to clear and then press on “Clear Browsing Data” button to clear the data.
It is not difficult to clear your browser history. By following the steps given above, you can easily clear your browser history to improve performance and enjoy a fast and secure browsing experience.