Rooting the ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphone when it is running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates is done by flashing a custom recovery and then getting the SuperSU by Chainfire flashed from the custom recovery. However, things are done a bit differently than the usual way we flash a custom recovery. Moreover, the act of flashing the SuperSU is also different from the conventional method.
Although it is different than what is considered normal these days, it is still very easy to do and reliable at the same time. Here is everything you need to get the ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphone rooted when it is running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates:
- You must have a computer that is running a version of the Windows operating system before you can follow this guide. The rooting tool is only available to run on Microsoft’s Windows.
- You can only follow this guide for the ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphone unless otherwise advised by a professional. To the best of our knowledge this guide will not work for any other devices and flash the incorrect files can often lead to bricking of devices.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure you have unlocked the Developer options menu and enabled the USB debugging mode on the ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphone before starting the guide. The USB Debugging option is what is going to allow you to make changes to the Android software like when we are rooting the device.
- Note that no company can legally say that the warranty is void if the device is rooted as part of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act that passed by Congress in 1975.
- Download the ZTE USB Drivers on the computer and install them before getting started with the rest of the guide.
HOW TO ROOT ZTE NUBIA Z11 RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW SOFTWARE UPDATES
- Download the root and TWRP combination package to the Windows computer.
- Connect the ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable that is used for charging the battery.
- Choose “charging only” after you do connect the smartphone to the computer when the option is available on the display.
- Type *#7678# in the keypad and enable both of the options.
- Open the Downloads folder and extract the rooting and recovery zip file to the desktop.
- Double-click on the .exe file that is now on the desktop after you extracted the rooting package.
- Select option one from the display after you open the rooting tool and it installs the Qualcomm drivers for the computer.
- Select the option two from the rooting tool and it starts to install a custom recovery and then boot into the custom recovery after the flashing is complete.
- Choose the option to reboot from the recovery menu and then boot the ZTE Nubia Z11 into the recovery mode once again by using the same hardware button combination that is used for the stock recovery.
- Choose the Advanced button from the custom recovery menu and then select the stalence tools option.
- Follow the guidelines to root the ZTE Nubia Z11 from the stalence tools menu.
In conclusion, that is how to root ZTE Nubia Z11 smartphones running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates by flashing a custom recovery and then flashing the SuperSU by Chainfire.